Volunteers are needed and more than welcome. If you would be interested in helping out please get in touch using the contact form on the website.

Fast Tube by Casper

We particular need help with the Cubs at the moment and due to extremely high demand we would very much like to open a second Cub Pack but are currently unable to due to the shortage of adult help.

You can give as little or as much time as you can spare, no experience is necessary and there are a number of options available including:

Occasional Helper – anyone that can spare some time could be an Occasional Helper. Occasional helpers do not need to take on a formal appointment or become a member of the Scout Association. However occasional helpers who can spare more time and attend more than once a month can choose to do so by becoming a Sectional Assistant.

Sectional Assistant – the role of Section Assistant is a formal appointment in The Scout Association. Section Assistants will be a Full or Associate Member of The Scout Association and so receive a number of benefits which are not available to Occasional Helpers including recognition for their service, counting towards long-service awards, the Scouting magazine, more training, and a higher level of insurance coverage. They can also wear the uniform if they chose to (with or without the World Scout badge depending on whether they choose to become a Full or Associate member of the Scout Association).

Leader – adult leaders will be a full member of the Scout Association, will wear the Scout uniform and take the Scout promise. Adult leaders get all of the benefits mentioned above and also get to take part in the entire programme from planning exciting activities right through to seeing all the fun and games in action.

See the Scout Association website for more information about each of these roles.

Although help is especially needed with the Cub Scouts all sections would benefit from more help. We also need management support to help the Group leaders, as our Group Executive Team is also short handed.

Please get in touch if you are interested or for more information.

DBS checks (formally CRB) will be required for all adult help.